Saturday, February 09, 2008

An adventurous trip amidst fog

Ringing alarm at 4:50 AM again reminded me that I have to wake up and start getting ready for the office. Coming out of quilt at this hour is no less than getting ready for a Kargil war. After having said to myself - "just two more minutes" a couple of times, I managed to leave the bed just the way Rohit Sharma left the crease unwillingly after having been given out in yesterday's match against Australia which he thought was incorrect. I got ready thanking the great person who invented geyser. Just when I was about to finish my cup of tea, intercom rang and the guard from the main gate informed me that my cab had arrived. I took the jacket and locked the door making as less noise as possible in order to not wake up others at home.


The moment I came out of my apartment, I realized that it was foggier than any other day and one could hardly see things barely 20 metres away. Anyways, I boarded the cab waiting outside the gate and sat off for my journey. The way driver was driving the car, It did not take me long to realize that I was in for some adventure. He almost hit the road divider giving me my first shiver. I was almost about to be convinced that my eyesight has gone bad as I was not able to see anything on the road though driver was cruising at a high speed. It was when he sped away on a hump making my head touch the roof, I was forced to ask him to slow down and drive 'peacefully'. I felt proud to know 'hanuman chalisa' by heart which comes very handy in such scenarios. After having held my breath for around 10 minutes, I felt relieved the moment I saw Sapient building hardly 200 metres. Even before I finished uttering "thank god I am saved", the driver took a sharp right turn from the traffic light in front of the future RBS office to avoid going all the way to NH-8 to take the U-turn. It's then I heard breaks of a truck screaming and it barely managed to stop, may be an inch or two away from the car. I could easily gather that the driver had all the plans to make all those premiums to various insurance policies yield results but for Bajrangbali, he failed. :-)

ps: This narration is just for fun and not to scare you people from taking such adventurous trips :-)

No comments: